Sunday, July 1, 2007

Activation! 9:30pm 27 1/2 hours after purchase

8:15am Sunday morning... a very happy iPerson!

The problem was with AT&T... big surprise.  They had a systems glitch that effected many, but they appeared to be way over their technical heads. 

I won't dwell on details or why I have even less hair on my head than I did on Friday, but I do want to share my observation concerning the following corporate cultural divide between AT&T and Apple:

Apple's Support verbal salutation: "Hey, bud, really sorry that this has been your experience and understand why you're bummed out.  I would be too. You'll be up and enjoying this amazing device, so hang in there."

AT&T's Support verbal salutation: "I want to thank you for calling AT&T. Is there any other way in which I can help you today?" 

I asked 5 or the 10 or so AT&T folks to not ask me that question. Perhaps with different emphasis they could get away with: "...[I know we were of absolutely NO help to you with this one very pressing issue but,] is there any other way in which I can help you today?"

Anyway, like a bad dream or childbirth* the pain is behind me. (*luckily there will be few female readings of this blog).

Will post pics from Friday later... didn't have it in me to celebrate earlier with my fellow new iPhone friends.

No comments: