Friday, June 29, 2007

THEY LET ME TOUCH IT!!!

11:07am iDay!!

A knock on the window from inside store. An employee invited me to play with the iPhone. Won't waste words like amazing, beautiful, or wow. I remained cool and instructed the team how to use Google Maps to identify the store from above. Five minutes into my demo management suggested that this was not really permitted, nor part of the iSteve plan, and warmly requested that I return the device and end my presentation.

Still alone, but Steve is getting more friendly. When I saw him leaving for his walk (now every 15 minutes!) I told the staff that I'd have to leave to do my pushups. Steve said, "No, stay here...that thing is more important than your pushups! He actually smiled."

Oh, now you know a personal friend who has played with this device prior to 6pm. Mossberg, Pogue and Chakin.

No comments: